Public Service Employee Survey
CSE participates annually in the Public Service Employee Survey, which measures aspects of employee engagement, leadership, the workforce, and workplace well-being. The feedback from the Public Service Employee Survey shows us where our policies are working, and where we can keep improving.
Year over year, CSE typically scores very well compared to other federal government departments. CSE’s results are very favourable and demonstrate that:
- 90% of CSE employees are proud of the work they do
- 86% of CSE employees get a sense of satisfaction from their work
- 88% of CSE employees like their job
- 91% of CSE employees feel like CSE implements activities and practices that support a diverse workplace
- 90% of employees feel CSE treats them with respect
- 84% of CSE employees feel that every individual is accepted as an equal member of the team within their work unit
- 81% of CSE employees believe CSE does a good job of raising awareness of mental health in the workplace
- 86% of CSE employees would recommend CSE as a great place to work
The full Public Service Employee Survey results are available through the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat.
Why we’re a Top Employer
CSE has been named one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
CSE was also selected as a Top Employer in the National Capital Region in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2021.
This designation recognizes Ottawa-Gatineau employers that are exceptional places to work.
The selection process is overseen by the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers publication.