Performance results for the internal audit function - June 30,2018

Performance results for the internal audit function - June 30,2018
Performance results will answer questions that stakeholders may have about the oversight of public resources CSE Performance Results
Do internal auditors in departments have the expertise and training required to do the job effectively?
  • 62.5% of staff within the IA function have a financial designation and/or IA certification
  • The remaining staff are seeking credentials
Is internal audit work performed in conformance with the international standards for the profession of internal audit as required by Treasury Board policy?
  • June 2018 - results of a recent External Quality Review provided the IA function with the highest possible overall result of ‘Generally Conforms’
Are the Risk Based Audit Plans (RBAPs) submitted to audit committees and approved by deputy heads implemented as planned with resulting reports published? Is management acting on audit recommendations for improvements to departmental processes?
  • FY 2017-18 – of the approved audits, 80% were approved as planned – the remaining 20% were delayed as per a management decision.  Opened actions are closely monitored and regular follow-ups are taking place during Departmental Audit committee meetings every second meeting.
Is internal audit credible and adding value in support of the mandate and strategic objectives of the organization?
  • June 2018 - results of a recent External Quality Review indicated that senior management viewed the IA function as a value-added resource that is providing timely and relevant advice

Mission

Mission

Discover CSE's impactful mission

Careers

Careers

Join our team and help keep Canadians safe

Culture and community

Culture and community

Learn how we support our employees and our community

Report a problem on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.

Date modified: